Latest members of the Chamber of Commerce...
Neil Gayler & Co
A RECORD-BREAKING BUSINESS LUNCH FOR BOOTCAMP MEDIA
Phoenix Business Lunch in Birmingham raises over £4,000 for local charity
Birmingham-based digital marketing agency Bootcamp Media recently hosted the Phoenix Business Lunch which was attended by a record-breaking 132 guests and raised a staggering £4,150 for a local hospice.
Held at the stunning Hyatt Regency Birmingham, the event was designed by Bootcamp Media to be a celebratory end-of-year networking afternoon that would also encourage the region’s business elite to help raise money for Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice.
“We’ve been directly involved in a number of similar events this year,” explained Jamil Shabir, Managing Director at Bootcamp Media. “We love the idea of combining business networking with fundraising for charities that are close to our heart, and we’ve wanted to do something for Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice for quite a while.”
Thanks to support from the Hyatt (which sponsored the drinks on offer), Jamil and his team were able to stage an event which attracted more attendees than ever before.
The prospect of meeting potential partners, business associates and industry experts while supporting a much-loved charity resulted in notable attendees from multiple industries in Birmingham and the surrounding area.
Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice is due to celebrate its 40th year of operation during 2019, and the funds raised during the Phoenix Business Lunch will ensure they can continue to build on the wonderful service they offer.
The hospice provides personalised end-of-life care to people across Birmingham and Sandwell, with their services available at home, within communities or at the hospice itself. They heavily on donations from members of the public and businesses, and events such as the Phoenix Business Lunch provide a major boost to their annual fund-raising efforts.
“We were blown away by the level of fundraising we were able to achieve on the day,” said Jamil. “I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who gave so generously during the event, and in particular Pinder Singh Dhaliwal of Falcon Insurance, Dianne Brabham of Chadshunt Capital and Raj Lal from Detail DMC, who’s generosity will help the hospice provide vital care to those who need it most.”
The attendees were treated to an afternoon and evening of fabulous food, drink and entertainment. Thanks to a brilliant live jazz and swing set from Metz Jnr and close-up magic from Peter Sahota, everyone partied well into the night as the fundraising and business networking continued.
“It’s been an amazing year for Bootcamp Media and I’m incredibly proud of the team,” said Jamil. “Along with the brilliant work they continue to produce for our clients, the team still managed to assist with the planning for this event, the MBCC awards we co-hosted earlier in the year and our sponsorships at the ABCC Awards and Birmingham Awards.”
An award winning full service digital marketing and web design agency, Bootcamp Media has enjoyed a successful 2018, with new members joining the Jewellery Quarter and Cheltenham-based team and several new customers coming on board.
From web design to content marketing and brand development, Bootcamp Media benefits from a combined experience of over thirty years, enabling them to deliver a service that puts the customer first and uses the latest skills and technology to produce measurable, lasting results.
“Next year, we’ll be supporting the Signature Awards at the ICC, and we’re hoping for a night that’s just as successful as the Phoenix Business Lunch,” enthused Jamil. “In my opinion, if you can combine the genuine benefits of traditional business networking with the prospect of raising significant funds for a wonderful charity, such events should take pride of place in everyone’s diary!”
To find out more about Bootcamp Media, visit https://www.bootcampmedia.co.uk.
To find out more about Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice, visit: www.birminghamhospice.org.uk
Notes for Editors
About Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice
• The Hospice must be referred to as ‘Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice or ‘Birmingham St Mary’s’ for short.
• Birmingham St Mary's Hospice is an independent adult hospice providing end of life care and support to people across Birmingham and Sandwell.
• The Hospice provides free care and support for over 1,200 individuals and their families, carers and loved ones.
• Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice offers a range of services at the Hospice, in people’s homes and in the local community all of which give individuals more choice and access to expertise and care.
• The Hospice helps and supports families and loved ones, no matter how young or old, throughout the patient’s illness and after bereavement, for as long as necessary.
• The Harry Moseley Family centre opened in May 2014. The centre enables families to stay at the Hospice to be with a loved one whilst medical and nursing staff manage the symptoms of an illness, assess a patient’s readiness to return home, or provide care during their final days.
• There is also a Day Hospice, offering medical support, psycho social and spiritual care, complementary therapies and time off for carers.
• In 2016, the Hospice opened two Satellite Clinics providing specialist care and support in community settings (including health centres) across Birmingham and Sandwell.
• Hospice care is free of charge to all patients and relatives.
• Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice currently needs to raise £8 million annually to fund its vital care.
Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice’s new four year strategy ‘Hospice Care for All’ can be downloaded from the website: https://www.birminghamhospice.org.uk/our-values …