Latest members of the Chamber of Commerce...
Universal Uniform Ltd
CHELTENHAM RUGBY CLUB WINS ‘CHARITY CLUB OF THE YEAR’ AT ANNUAL CLUB MIRROR AWARDS FOR 2018’
Cheltenham Rugby Club have just been awarded the Daily Mirror Charity Club of the Year . Over 1100 clubs competed in 29 categories and Cheltenham were successful in this one.
At a Gala Dinner, in front of an audience of over 600, at Doncaster Racecourse, the UK’s top clubs, from sports and social clubs to political and workings men’s clubs all vie for these exclusive accolades.
The Club had been shortlisted for Rugby Club of the Year, Community Club of the Year and Charity Club of the Year from over 1000 entries, across twenty- nine categories.
The Club were represented by David Townsend, OBE, President and Steve Ratcliffe, Chairman and they both said ‘the atmosphere was electric and we are delighted to have won this prestigious award. We are extremely proud and delighted to be involved in so many local charities and will continue to work with them and offer our marvellous facilities at Newlands Park, close to Bishop’s Cleeve.
During the last twelve months we have:
• Entertained and fed 74 Riding for the Disabled Riders at Christmas
• Hosted a Summer Fair for Kitty Kerr
• Supported National Star Centre by fitting out a new changing room
• Our Women’s Section raised over £2,000 for Alzheimer’s Society
• We raised many thousands of pounds for Motor Neuron Disease
• We host Royal British Legion meetings and talks
• Worked closely with Gloucestershire Young Carers, the Aston Project, Young Gloucestershire and the Wooden Spoon.
The facilities are available throughout the year, but are particularly enjoyed in the summer, when ‘The Lawn @ Newlands’, is used for BBQ’s, and Summer fund raising events.
For further information please contact: Sophie Taylor or Elaine Coles by email email@example.com or tel 01242 672752
Pictured are Steve Ratcliffe Chairmen Cheltenham Rugby Club and Dave Townsed OBE President Cheltenham Rugby Club