Latest members of the Chamber of Commerce...
WILLANS ANNOUNCE 2016 EMPLOYMENT LAW SEMINAR DATES
A new series of employment law briefings is being provided by Gloucestershire law firm Willans LLP with the first two focusing on the latest changes being introduced along with the new tax year in April.
Presented by employment law partner Matthew Clayton and solicitors Laura Davis and Jenny Hawrot, these briefings may be of interest to CEOs and directors, HR managers and advisors, and in-house legal advisors.
Bookings are now being taken for the March breakfast briefings ‘New tax year, new employment laws’ on Tuesday 22 March in Cheltenham and Wednesday 23 March in Gloucester. http://www.willans.co.uk/news/article/new_tax_year_new_employment_laws_-_bookings_now_being_taken_for_march_brief/
Latest developments that will be discussed amongst other topics over breakfast from 7.30am until 9am include:
• New duties to report on the gender pay gap in your organisation – what will the analysis of your workforce show?
• Changes to the taxation of payments on termination of employment – will the £30,000 exemption survive?
• Changes to business immigration rules – are you looking to bring workers in from outside Europe?
• Do you pay your staff commission? Should you calculate it into their holiday pay?
Matthew leads the 4-person employment team at Willans and has 19 years’ experience in handling a full range of employment law issues for multi-national companies, owner-managed businesses and not-for-profit organisations.
Regarded as a "helpful, engaging and constructive lawyer", Matthew Clayton said: “Whatever your size of business, if you employ people you will at some point be faced with employment issues, and will need to be on top of the latest developments to keep in line with the law and save your firm from costly mistakes.
“Not only do these seminars keep you up-to-date with employment law but they also offer good networking opportunities with likeminded professionals. We do hope you can join us.”
A full list of dates and topics in 2016 include:
• New tax year, new employment laws - 22 and 23 March
• Why your business needs a social media policy - 24 March
• Social media, the law and you - 10 May
• Top tips for protecting your business legally - 29 June
• Handling grievances & conflict management - 22 September
• Recruiting and maintaining the best trustee board - early November
For event specific information or to attend please visit Willans’ events page, call 01242 542916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew Clayton and his team of employment lawyers. (Front L to R) Associate, solicitor Laura Davis and partner, Matthew Clayton (Back L to R) Solicitor Jenny Hawrot and paralegal Helen Howes.