Latest members of the Chamber of Commerce...
John Morgan Partnership Ltd
MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS – THE LEGAL ISSUES THAT REALLY DO MATTER (14 December 2017)
11.30 - 12.30
Presented by: Sophie Martyn, Jenny Hawrot and Emma Thompson
Company Name: Willans LLP
For key decision-makers within start-ups and SMEs, navigating the law can be a minefield…but what are the legal issues that really matter?
During this session, three solicitors from Willans’ Legal 500-rated commercial teams will help to clear the fog, exploring the basic legal considerations for you to be aware of, as well as some common pitfalls to avoid.
Join solicitors Jenny Hawrot (employment law), Sophie Martyn (corporate & commercial) and Emma Thompson (commercial property) for a whistle-stop tour of the legal nuts and bolts, including:
· Overview of business structures
· The go-to documentation when managing a company
· The importance of non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements
· A brief overview of standard T&Cs for customers and suppliers
· A quick run-down of IP essentials
· What to consider when entering into a lease for commercial premises
· Employment 101 – the must have documentation and top tips for SMEs that already have employees, or start-up companies thinking about taking on employees/consultants in the future.
· Sophie Martyn is a corporate & commercial solicitor. With a background in science and data, she is naturally analytical and methodical in her approach. She has general corporate and commercial experience, with a particular interest in advising LLPs and start-up companies. Having previously worked in-house, Sophie is business-minded and makes sure she understands the commercial context in which she is providing legal advice to any individual client.
Jenny Hawrot is a solicitor in Willans’ employment law team. She helps clients with the full range of employment related matters including TUPE, defending tribunal proceedings, corporate transactions, contractual matters and general employee relations and HR work.
She has wide experience in working for SMEs, owner-managed businesses and organisations employing in excess of 1,500 staff across the UK.
· Emma Thompson is a commercial property solicitor. With a particular interest in leasehold work, she advises clients on a wide range of issues, including sales and purchases, landlord and tenant, and ancillary matters.
Willans LLP solicitors is a leading full-service law firm with offices at Imperial Square in Cheltenham. Its multi-disciplinary legal team handles corporate, commercial, employment, litigation and property issues all day, every day helping businesses large and small with complex business decisions. For more information about the firm visit www.willans.co.uk
Free for members; £6 for non-members.
Limited space, members have priority but must book.
Seminars will be held at Cheltenham Chamber’s Business Centre, 2 Trafalgar St, Cheltenham, GL50 1UH.
Entry via M R Ratcliffe Insurance
Wolseley House Oriel Road GL50 1TH